Friday, May 15, 2009

Hey everyone. Just figured I'd check in and write one more post before leaving. I'm getting on a flight around 2:45 today to head back to San Diego. I can't believe how fast the past four months have gone. Anyways, to end, I figured I leave you with some of the things I have learned here during my stay. 

Lessons from Greece.

1. Never assume a car, moped, or other moving vehicle will stop for you when you cross the street. 

2. Never assume a store will be open during the hours it says it is open. If the owner feels like closing early, he will close.

3. Never get in the way of an old Greek woman, especially in the supermarket. If you do, she will run you over...literally.

4. Baklava and gyros really do taste better in Greece.

5. If you hear two people screaming at each other and waving their hands frantically in all directions, do not automatically assume they are having a disagreement. Greek people are loud. They talk loudly, they flail, and if you could translate their conversations you would be surprised to find that, on most occasions, they aren't speaking about anything important at all.

6. Stay open-minded.

7. Stop plugging your nose...the cigarette smoke never really goes away. 

8. Wear sunscreen. If you don't...you will turn red.

9. Meals should never be rushed. They should be spent with family, friends, and loved ones.

10. Go to the islands.

11. A positive, optimistic attitude can change almost any situation for the better.

12. Give people, places, and things a chance. More often than not, they will surprise you for the better.

That's all I got. It's been a great semester.

peace and love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment