Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hey hey,
Just saying hello and wishing everyone a Happy Greek Independence Day! Today commemorates the 1821 war for independence and Greece's subsequent victory over Turkish rule. The day was started with a bang...literally. Canons went off at 7 am this morning and the festivities have continued ever since. Earlier today I walked over to Syntagma to watch the annual independence day parade which consisted of Athens bringing out every version of tank, uniform, plane, helicopter, and military vehicle known to man! I kidd...but for real, an unnecessarily large number of tanks and soldiers made their way along the main road running in front of the Athenian parliament building and...it was slightly intimidating. The sun was beaming down (yay spring!) and Greek flags were everywhere. Other than that...I spent most of the day catching up on work. I leave tomorrow morning at 7 am for Macedonia! Fill all ya'alls in when I get back on Sunday!

peace and lovesss,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment